Updated: May 9
The Importance of Health Fitness and Wellness
When we speak of attaining overall Wellness, we also need to set and maintain a few goals: achieving adequate aerobic capacity, strong and toned muscles, flexibility, elasticity, an ideal body weight, a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Those who adopt a Wellness lifestyle not only reach and maintain these goals more easily, but they also obtain all the benefits from them, which reflect positively in all aspects of their lives.
The balance between mind, body and spirit that you achieve from a Wellness lifestyle translates into peace of mind and better relationships with others. Finding harmony within yourself is a fundamental part of dealing with your surroundings and the people around you.
Wellness means more energy
One of the main advantages of adopting a Wellness lifestyle is the feeling of ‘being in shape’ and having plenty of energy.
A renewed level of fitness will help you overcome periods of fatigue and face any situation with more stamina, whether in the workplace, at home, or during your spare time.
Wellness means greater efficiency at work
The ability to make complex decisions, greater concentration, creativity and resistance to stress: these are just a few of the benefits you will experience in the workplace once you follow the Wellness lifestyle.
Wellness means living longer
Wellness means your present and future health.
In addition to its tangible benefits, Wellness also produces some intangible benefits for our body systems and major organs, enabling us to maintain our full physical and mental capacities for longer and thereby creating the foundation for an enjoyable and active old age.
Wellness means mental, physical and social well-being
The psychological benefits derived from a Wellness lifestyle include having a better temperament and disposition.
Striking a balance and being in harmony with yourself are the keys to having a good rapport with your surroundings and the people with whom you come into contact.
Ten step guide to Wellness
• Dedicate 30 minutes a day every day, if possible, to moderate, continuous exercise.
• Include regular exercises for muscular Strength and flexibility in your fitness routine.
• Walk or cycle instead of using ‘passive’ means of transport (car, motorbike, lifts).
• Eat 5 small, nutritionally balanced meals each day, varying your choice of foods as much as possible and choosing fresh, natural produce.
• Make sure you get enough sleep every night to fully recharge yourself physically and mental.
• Motivate yourself constantly, setting yourself new goals to achieve.
• Dedicate time to your loved ones and hobbies, cultivating a wide range of interests.
• Spend as much time as possible in pollution-free environment, finding time to get back to nature in the great outdoors.
• Do not smoke and do not take substances which can compromise, even only temporarily, your presence of mind and full self-control.
• Always try to take a positive attitude, remember to smile as often as possible!